The Centre for research on local government economics (COELO) conducts research on economic and financial aspects of local government. Local governments are municipalities, regional water authorities and provinces. We carry out applied policy research as well as scientific studies. We perform research on our own initiative but also for third parties.
- Do research on local government economics
- Make the results of our studies widely available to interested parties and the general public, through publications and through this website
What characterizes COELO
- An authoritative and independent institute
- Enthusiastic, capable, interested researchers
- Highly applicable research tailored to the problem of the client
- Research with a solid scientific basis
- Non-profit foundation
- Small, flexible organization
- Umbrella organization
- Municipalities, provinces, regional water authorities
- Local audit offices
COELO was founded in 1994, and is associated with the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen.